Kiwi and the general health benefits
Various Health Benefits From Kiwi Fruit
Kiwi or Kiwifruit have many names in different country. Chinese gooseberry is most popular secondary name for this fruit. It is a small (about the large size of hen’s egg), light colour brown and a fuzzy skin covered in the outside. Then the inside is a colour lime green having a small tiny black seeds that make it an eye catching. Kiwifruit is native in China and its said to be their National Fruit. It is first cultivated in New Zealand and known as Chinese gooseberry. Kiwifruit is said to be having more Vitamin C than Orange. Kiwifruit is a soft creamy and sweet but a unique taste.
Natural List Contain by KIWI as follows:
- Vitamin A – 3 mcg
- Vitamin C – 105.4 mg
- Potassium – 215mg to 252mg (depends on type of KIWI)
- Dietary Fiber – 2. 7 g
- Protein – 0.8 g
- Total fat – 0.4 g
- Iron – 0.2 g
- Folate – 17 mcg
- Copper – 0.09 mg
- Vitamin E – 1.01 mg
- Manganese – 0.07 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.063 mg
- Vitamin A equiv. lutein zeaxanthin – 114 μg
HEALTH BENEFITS OF KIWI FRUIT
- Protects DNA – because of the Phytonutrient found in the Kiwi fruit, the ability to protect the DNA in the central human cells from oxygen related damages or any respiratory health problems including wheezing, short breath and night coughing.
- Provides Beautiful Skin – because of the high content of Vitamin C that the Kiwi has it give essential nutrient in our body as an antioxidant. Antioxidant helps to prevent skin damage caused by the Sun, pollution and smoke.
- Provides Heart Health – The content of Fiber and Potassium of Kiwi provides a good heart health.
- Prevent on Constipation Problems – a mild laxative effect that the Kiwifruit can be used as a dietary supplement promote bulkier, softer, and frequent in stool production. It helps in your digestive systems.
- Provides a Healthier Eyesight – Kiwifruit contains phytochemical lutein that prevent eye related damage from blindness. It also protects eyes from free radicals damage.
- Boosts Immunity – the high content of Vitamin C together with the antioxidant booster your immune systems.
- Prevent risk of any kind of disease – Having a high content of Potassium but less in sodium it helps reduces the risk in cardiovascular disease, stroke, kidney stones, lowering blood pressure and many more.
Risk and Precautions for Kiwifruit
Consuming high Potassium especially for those people who their kidneys are not fully functional can be harmful and fatal.
You can also try: